Wednesday, February 3, 2010

2009 favorite of the day.

This was my highlight of 2009.......drumroll......meeting Martha (freekin) Stewart!


I know....THIS was your highlight??  Yes, indeed it was.  Well, I did go to Hawaii in January to visit my in-laws, help a friend with the birth of her baby.... but Martha Stewart is someone I've admired for many years.  I believe it is because of her, women all over this country have become better in someway, shape or form.

It was a great day, I was a complete messed up, bumbling fool when I got up to meet her.  I had brought along with me my prized cover from a special addition of Martha Stewart magazine "Wedding Issue".  I started buying the wedding issues before they started Martha Stewart Weddings magazines.  I showed it to her and thanked her for all she has taught me and that I've been providing flowers for weddings over the last 13 years.  The magazine was from Spring of 1997.  I was hoping she would sign it, but had to follow her rules and sign only the cookbook she was promoting.  I bought three.  Got all three signed, handed her assistant some info on my company and a great venue I need her to see. 

She still hasn't called.

Oh well, I'm so glad I got to meet her and talk with her, even if only for 60 seconds. 

No comments: